Thursday, September 23rd, 2021
Call to 159 Shearer Road for utility line and a tree down on the road.
Tuesday, September 21st, 2021
Call to assist North Apollo Fire Dept. with a rekindle of a structure fire. Air Truck requested. Before we could respond, Kittanning Fire Dept. was called, then cancelled while enroute.
Monday, September 20th, 2021
Call to assist Allegheny Township Fire Dept. at 239 Railroad Street with a structure fire. Air Truck requested. Call cancelled while enroute.
Saturday, September 18th, 2021
Call to Forks Zion Luteran Church for an automatic fire alarm, Police on scene and said it was a false alarm, but want us to proceed to check out alarm system.
Saturday, September 25th, 2021
Since Bingo Has Opened We Are Not Having Live Drawings On Facebook. Week 1: July 15, 2021 -- $30.00 #243 Jay Rupert - $30.00 #102 David Hilty -- Bonus Winners-- $100 #134 Terry Sweeny - $100 #311 John...
Saturday, September 25th, 2021
The Bingo Jackpots for Thursday September 30th are:Progressive Jackpot 51 numbers $800.00 Magic Number $230.00
picture
New Tip Board On Sale Now!Tip Board. $18.00For our next 50 Tip Tip Board, we are offering :Seal prize- CZ P-10 S, FDE +1 box Ammo(TIP BOARD SERIAL NO 29015)Tips will be offered for $18.00and we are ac...
Friday, September 17th, 2021
picture
We are offering a ticket for a safe full of guns. Donation is $20.00. See a fireman for a chance to win this great prize. Ticket will be drawn on Thursday October 28th 2021 at 7:00 PM at the firehall ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The throttle speed control stop can break and become stuck, posing a crash hazard. 

 

Infants can suffocate if they roll, move, or are placed on the lounger in a position that obstructs breathing, or roll off the lounger onto an external surface, such as an adult pillow or soft bedding that obstructs breathing. 

The bottom purge valve on the recalled snorkels can leak, allowing unexpected water entry, posing a drowning hazard.

The parking brake catch bracket can wear out and cause the parking brake to fail, posing a crash hazard. 

The fitting at the back of the heater can fail to be sufficiently tight, causing the heater to leak propane gas, posing a fire hazard.

The hose can swell during use causing gas to leak, posing a fire hazard.

The shower bench can collapse during use, posing a fall hazard to the user.

The bicycles have handbrakes but no footbrakes. Federal regulations require the bicycles be equipped with both handbrakes and footbrakes. Sidewalk bicycles with handbrakes, but no footbrakes, may present a risk of injury to young children who might not be able to stop the bicycles using handbrakes only.

The brown trim of the shaving kit bags contains levels of a regulated phthalate that exceed the prohibition of specific phthalates. Banned phthalates are toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The skewer, which connects the Coho XC Cargo Trailer to the bicycle, can shear or bend. This can cause instability of the trailer and the towing bicycle and pose a fall hazard for the bicycle rider.

The storage tray with cup holders and step can come loose from the tower, posing a fall hazard to the child.

The gasket on the bottom of the dog bowls can come off, leaving an unfinished edge, posing a risk of laceration.

The bicycle helmets do not comply with the U.S. CPSC federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury.

The handle of the Cutie Spoovel utensil can break off releasing small parts, posing a choking hazard for young children. 

The lithium-ion GLW battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.  

The octopus and elephant puzzle pieces can break, posing a choking hazard to young children.  

The bath seats fail to meet the federal safety standard for infant bath seats, including requirements for stability and leg openings, and can tip over while in use, posing a drowning hazard to babies.

Rear wheel spacer bolts that were torqued improperly during manufacturing can cause the wheel to fall off during use. This can result in the tractor overturning, posing an injury hazard to the operator.  

The sock's pom pom can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The counter stools can break or collapse, posing fall and injury hazards.  

The purple Scent Stamper Pen has elevated levels of benzyl alcohol, posing a risk of skin irritation.  

If the white nock is not fully engaged with the bowstring, the crossbow can fail to discharge when the trigger is pulled and can result in the bow discharging while re-nocking the arrow, posing an injury hazard to users.

The finished wooden ring can break into small parts, posing a choking hazard

The capacitor in the recalled VP-33 blower fans can overheat, posing a fire hazard.  

The bottom bracket can break during use, causing the user to lose control, posing fall and crash hazards.

When two or more high-powered magnets are swallowed, either accidentally or intentionally, the ingested magnets can attract to each other, or to another metal object, and become lodged in the digestive system. This can result in perforations, twisting and/or blockage of the intestines, infection, blood poisoning, and death.

The recalled rugs fail to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.

The rugs fail to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.

Cracks can form at the head tube area of the bicycle, where the fork connects to the bicycle. This can cause the frame to fail and allow the fork and front wheel to unexpectedly separate from the rest of the bicycle, posing a fall hazard to riders.
 

The rug fails to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.   

The lockset can fail to open, posing an entrapment hazard and inability to vacate a location in an emergency.

The home batteries can overheat, posing a risk of fire and emission of harmful smoke.

The recalled dehumidifiers can overheat and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards.

The recalled loungers can collapse unexpectedly, posing an amputation, laceration and  pinching hazard if finger gets caught in the metal folding joints.

The recalled sleepwear sets fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Water can penetrate the seal around the LED control pad on the bicycle's lithium-ion battery pack and cause the battery to short circuit, posing fire and burn hazards.

An unlocked handle can pinch consumers' fingers against the generator frame when the generator is moved, posing finger amputation and crushing hazards. 

The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

A plastic rivet can detach from the sandal's ankle strap, posing a choking hazard for young children.

The foam facial interfaces can cause facial skin irritation and reactions including rashes, swelling, burning, itching, hives, and bumps.


© 2021 Gilpin Township Volunteer Fire Department